Laser hair removal is the most effective way to get rid of unwanted hairs on your body. Many experts recommend this method in comparison to shaving or waxing. However, questions arise regarding how long laser hair removal effects last.
Is it permanent? How many times do you need to have laser hair removal for the hairs to be completely gone?
Well, in this article, we’re going to enlighten those questions. Make sure you read until the end of the article.
How does laser hair removal work
First of all, let’s talk about how laser hair removal actually works. In layman terms, laser hair removal utilises pulses of light to destroy the hairs down to the roots. These pulses are highly concentrated beams of light which are emitted from the laser into the hair follicles. The light converts to heat, which damages the hair follicle and hair bulb.
Since your hair follicles, which are located below the skin, are responsible for producing new strands of hair, once they’re destroyed, the hair production is disabled.
This answers why laser hair removal is more effective than other methods, since shaving, tweezing, or waxing only remove the hair above the skin surface.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
The short answer is no. Because those beams of laser can only destroy at most 90% of your hair follicles. It doesn’t remove unwanted hairs completely, but rather reduces the number of unwanted hairs in a given area.
However, there is another form of “permanency” you can obtain from having a laser hair removal treatment. Rather than complete permanency, laser hair removal puts the hair follicles in a state of dormancy for a very long period of time. At the very least, when the hairs do grow back, they’ll be lighter, finer, and fewer in number.
The absence of unwanted hair on your body done by laser hair removal can last up to 4-6 years after you’ve received all your sessions. Note that it is not done in only one instant session. And to be able to achieve that “permanent” effect, you might also need to have maintenance sessions 1-4 times annually to keep the area hairless permanently.
The benefits of laser hair removal
There are tons of reasons why you should opt to remove unwanted hair with a laser hair removal method. Here’s some of them:
- Long-lasting: since the laser destroys the follicles and makes them dormant, you can consider laser hair removal as a long-term solution. Imagine a life without the need to shave or wax for many years to come.
- Quick: unlike waxing where you might have to free your schedule for a whole day, a laser hair removal treatment only takes a few minutes for each of its sessions.
- Less painful: contrary to popular belief, laser hair removal is not as painful as you might think. Many people would compare it to the feeling of snapping a rubber band against your skin.
- Precise: with laser hair removal, you can specifically target certain areas that you want to be free of hair. With eyelashes being the exception, you can choose to remove specific areas such as bikini lines, upper lip, nose, and armpits.
- Prevent ingrown hairs: other methods of hair removal such as shaving and waxing can cause ingrown hairs. Since laser hair removal destroys the hair right from the root, you can live free of hairs growing and curling back inside your skin.
In conclusion, laser hair removal is the best option for getting rid of unwanted hairs on your body. If you’re looking for affordable and highly dependable laser hair removal services in Singapore, we can surely help you.